“AT and T Company is a leading provider of mobile communication solutions in the United States, working on a single business driver that has a matchless understanding of voice and data communications in the United States”( Bruce, 1998). AT and T with it wide network available throughout the country, “it is the only company in the US that can provide broadband high-speed data information to its clients using its 4G network and fiber optics” (Kotler, 2008, p.4).
The services the company provide to our clients are all geared toward the growth of the customers and we always seek to maintain a positive contribution to the nation through the provision of quality services to our customers, and our commitment to giving back to society by support their project with financial support so as to activities that are available in the society like sports, environment, and education. “Our employees make ATand T Company exceptionally successful and endeavor to reward and retain an outstanding employee who will go on his way to help in the development of AT and T” (Nelson, 2002, p.5).
Employment Opportunities in AT and T
Qualified Persons are invited to apply for the position of Director of Audit at AT and T Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The person will be in charge of the Audit department and all the divisions found throughout the country.
- The director should ensure all the sub-division departments function well and in tandem with the management and the requirement of the company.
- The director will contribute to the development and review of the company policies, and
- Ensuring the consistency of financial and operating information in the company.
- Master’s degree in Business Management ( Auditing Option)from a reputable university
- Minimum of six years of works experience in relevant departments that deal with Auditing.
- A person should be conversant with the emerging auditing techniques which are found in the country, and
- Good leadership skills must be a team player and should have good communication skills
Sample of Interview Questions
- Tell us about your educational background?
- What are your job qualifications?
- What information about AT and T company do you know?
- What makes you want to be part of AT and T company?
- Give us the reasons you think you are the best for this job description?
Illegal Questions in an Interview
- Are you a citizen of the United States?
- Which language do you speak?
- How many years have you stayed in the United States?
- Which religion do you practice in the United States?
- For how long are you planning to work for the company?
- How many kids do you have?
Members of staff retention in any company is a tactic used by management in most companies in the United States, “and the aim is to limit the overall cost associated with production turnover of the employee leaving the company, also the cost the company will incur when hiring another worker to replace the one who has left” (Kotler, 2008).
“In spite of economic downturn or not, in the business world managing employee talents is important in any company” (Thaler, 2008, p.23). There are various ways in which companies can be able to retain their workers. The company can start a compensation scheme for their workers e.g. to reward every employee when the company is doing good in terms of profit, also the company should make sure staff employed are the right kind of employees for the growth of the company,
Employee education in any company is very crucial to the triumph of any organization in the United States, “The more educated a worker is in a company the more the worker will be productive in the company will help drive the company to profitability” (Ulrich, 1997, p.23). Training today for an employee can be a challenge to the company because can turn out to be expensive and sometimes it can be hard for employees. There are several ways in which a company can be able to educate its employees, “firstly they can organize workshops to enhance the worker’s skills in the company. Secondly the company can provide online training studies, and lastly the company can provide in house training” (Thaler, 2008, p.32).
For any company to succeed in the United States there must be a positive environment in the workplace because your employees are the reflection of the company. When the company has good workers and the only thing you don’t want to see is a mass exodus of your employee in any of the departments in the company. “The company can be able to retain its employees if the morale of the staff is high, these can be achieved by maintaining the momentum in the company” (Nelson, 2002.p.35). Second, the company should avoid making losses during the transition period in the company. Third, the company at all cost should be in a position to create continuity when one of it employee leave the company as a result of death or has left the company and last the company management should set goals to help the company stay focus in growth of the company.
- Bruce, A. (1998). Motivating employees. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Kotler, P. (2008).Principles of marketing. London: Prentice Hall/Financial Times.
- Nelson, B. (2002). 1001 Ways to Reward Employees. London: Workman Publisher.
- Thaler, R.H. (2008). Nudge: improving decisions about health, wealth, and happiness. New York: Y ale university Press.
- Ulrich, D. (1997).human resource champions: the next agenda for adding value and delivering results. New York: Harvard Business Press.